As part of its remit to promote the UK’s aerospace technology strategy, the Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI), needed to understand the Cabin Interiors market and address two questions:
- is the aircraft cabin interiors industry strategically and economically important for the UK?
- does it require government R&D support or coordinating intervention to continue success and increase market share?
Achieving the Difference, in collaboration with Cranfield University delivered:
- 20-year market forecast by aircraft category, equipment and delivery phase
- analysis of the UK supply chain including value-added, competition and innovation environment
- current ‘state-of-the-art’, emerging technology database and emerging technology roadmap
Based on market & supply chain insight, prioritisation of technology opportunities and recommendations for action, the ATI is in a position to develop a low-risk action plan for supporting growth of the UK aircraft interiors supply chain